Thursday, April 26, 2012

Superhero Cityscape progress

Last night Kyle helped pin and press while I sewed (on my fast new Brother!) and we got the whole top put together.  I'll be adding some appliques so we decided to leave it in two halves for now to make it easier to put those on.  For some reason I didn't realize this, but Kyle said that the day half is going to be Metropolis and the night will be Gotham.  I like it.

Metropolis:

Gotham:

Both:
This is all straight, long seams, so it went together really fast.  I was glad to have a helper!  In fact, while we were working on it after the kiddos were in bed, I said, "Thanks for helping me," and he said, "No, you're helping me!"  I am enjoying working on this together as a joint project.  Usually it's just me in the sewing room.  I also really like that he designed this.  He drafted up the whole pattern in autocad. 

We're waiting on the fabric for the appliques to get here, and I am starting on Amber's quilt tonight, so stay tuned for updates on this one in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...