Thursday, April 26, 2012

Argh!

I've been trying to do what I can to make my quilting system work really well until I get a longarm.  I got the new Brother (which I love) and today I got a stitch regulator.  I went to hook up the stitch regulator tonight, and it WON'T FIT on my carriage!  I am so frustrated about this.  The carriage I have works just fine--it moves very smoothly and allows me to do what I need to do.  However, it is really important to me to be able to offer the best quality workmanship to my customers.  I wouldn't want to spend hours making a beautiful quilt, pay someone to quilt it, and get it back with wonky stitches.  I'm picky, and I'm sure many of my customers will be too.  I want to be satisfied with my work just as much as I want my customers to be satisfied with my work.  So it looks like I'll be calling the company in the morning and seeing how fast I can get a carriage upgrade.  I'm pretty annoyed about this, but I'm glad I'm getting these kinks worked out. 

On a happier note, I'll be attending HMQS in a couple of weeks and taking a few classes.  One of the classes I'm taking is called "Sew fast, sew precise machine bindings."  I'm intrigued about it.  Good binding takes quite a while, and this method sounds worth learning.  One of the supplies I need to bring is a mini-size quilt that needs binding, which we will do in the class.  I am leaning towards doing one like this by Kati.  Really, look at this link.  It is fabulous.  I may have to do something simpler though, because this is in two weeks and I have some other things to do in the meantime.  If I don't make that this time, I will be doing something like it eventually.  The pattern for this can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...