Saturday, April 7, 2012

Easter Dress in Progress

I bought this fabric at my favorite quilt shop over a year ago.  This is the cutest little place and the owners are just fabulous.  We see them only once a year when we're in California visiting my husband's grandmother, and they always remember us.  We love it.  I think it's the owners that make it our favorite.  We even stopped there once on our way into town before we even saw Grandma! (Don't tell her, please.)

So who knew snails could be so cute? 

 I finally decided on how to mix all of these fabrics together for the perfect dress for my munchkin.  It's been cut out for a couple of weeks, and all the french seams have been done on the sides, and then it sat for a while.  Now Easter is tomorrow and I have a busy day ahead of me.

 I didn't have enough fabric for the sleeves, and found this purple one in my stash.  I think it is perfect, and I just BARELY had enough of it.  I literally had less than half an inch left on all sides once they were cut out.
 Here's the bodice, skirt, underskirt, ties, and ruffles, all ready to be hemmed, gathered up, and sewn together. 
 I got the edges turned on the ties last night.
I hope I have time to get this done so my munchkin can wear it tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...