Monday, April 16, 2012

Half-square triangle pillow


This project was finished a couple of months ago, but I thought I'd talk a little about it today. 

I'm a licensed FACS teacher (formerly known as Home Ec) and taught up through last year.  Baby #2 was born ten days before school got out.  It was good timing.  At our summer conference 2 or 3 years ago I made a black and white quilt top using half square triangles with a red border.  One of the ladies there looked at it and said, "Please quilt that with red thread."  I thought it was a great idea.  I still haven't finished that quilt--it is on my UFO list, but I made this pillow to match.  It has the same fabrics, although in a different layout.  I LOVE this quilt and have wanted to make one like it some day, and some day I will, but decided this would do in the mean time.  I used red thread, of course, and I love how it turned out.  I love the hand-made binding as well.  It adds a nice touch.
Hopefully I'll be able to finish my current half-square triangles project this week.

You can see some other fun HST projects here:

2 comments:

  1. Love the black, white and red combination. always a favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed reading about this. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...