Saturday, April 21, 2012

Skill Building

Thrusday night I went to my first meeting of the Salt Lake Modern Quilt Guild.  I've known about this group for a while and finally decided it was worth the drive to check it out.  I met some really nice people and I think that it is going to be a great resource and wonderful place to network.  I was looking at the blog that belongs to one of these people and learned about a line of products from Renae Allen called the SkillBuilder Series.  I am really excited to get some of her products and do some serious practicing.  I feel really confident with what I can currently do, but her products will help me increase my skills to include many new patterns and designs, especially feathers.  She lives in Brigham City, which isn't super close but not too far away either, so we're going to drive up there later today to pick up some things.  I'm also getting a new high speed machine with a larger amount of throat space that will allow me to quilt larger designs.  It should arrive by Tuesday.  I am really grateful that things are falling into place for me to become even better at this, because this is what I really want to do.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats! That is a nice skill builder series, it teaches custom work well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...