Wednesday, April 25, 2012

New Brother at my house!

No, not that kind of brother.  My new semi-industrial straight stitch quilting machine arrived yesterday, and I am so happy to have it here.
 This is going to be a great addition to  my studio.  I've been having to move my Viking on and off my frame depending on if I was quilting or doing other sewing, and it was just a pain.  This machine also has nine inches of throat space, which is quite an improvement over my Viking!  I'll be able to stitch larger designs with this machine.  I'm still planning on upgrading to a long arm sometime, but I will love having this machine for high speed straight stitching for a long time once I do.

We made progress on the Superhero Quilt last night.  Here is it with the night time buildings:

Complete day/night layout:

What the night part looks like right side up:

This quilt doesn't officially have a right side up or upside down.  It will be reversible.  I can't wait to add the superhero elements into this--The Daily Planet, the Bat Signal, Stark Tower, and maybe even Wonder Woman's invisible plane.

I'm linking today to Work in Progress Wednesday at Freshly Pieced.
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

1 comment:

  1. Congrats! It looks just like the one I use, just serviced through another name brand. One tip I've learned...if you are using low loft/cotton batting, turn the presser foot tension into the top red portion on the gage. If you are using a high-loft polyester batting 6 to 8 oz, turn that gage to the bottom of the blue setting on the gage. You'll be able to quilt without thread breaks or loops. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...