Friday, April 6, 2012

In the Pines

I finished this quilt in late January, but it has been hanging on the wall at my local JoAnn's where I teach a few classes.  They took it down for me so I could get some pictures. Now it will be going back up for another two months.  This is being offered at every JoAnn's in the nation that has classes. 

When I got the assignment to make this quilt I got really excited.  Usually assignments from JoAnn's have very specific instructions: quilt straight lines 1 3/4" apart across entire quilt.  This one said "Quilt as desired."   I had a lot of fun doing that.  The top portion is quilted with "water," which at that scale reminds me of clouds and maybe a little wind.  The middle where the trees are is quilted with a pointy meander, and the bottom has a basic meander.  The binding is a very narrow cross-grain binding, hand-stitched in place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...