Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Operation Wood Hollow

Have you heard about Operation Wood Hollow?  The name will probably be changing, but that is what it's called for now.  Julie is collecting quilts, and wants to collect one for EVERY family in the west whose home has been burned by wildfires.
http://havingfunquilting.blogspot.com/2012/06/big-big-big-changes-to-operation-wood.html
I know I don't have many followers, but this has really been on my mind and I want to get the word out.  I've got a top lying around that I want to finish and donate.  Do you have anything you can do?  Please visit Julie's blog for updates and for contact info if you can help.
Please spread the word.  The number of homes lost is almost 750.  That's a lot of families who have lost EVERYTHING.  They need a little comfort.  That's a lot of quilts, people!
If anyone in Northern Utah has a top that needs quilting for this cause, I'll do it for you free of charge.  I can fit quilts up to 85 inches wide.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for helping me spread the word about this project by writing a post on your blog! And thank you for being willing to quilt some of the quilt tops I'm receiving! We definitely need a LOT of quilts for these people who have lost their homes, but I KNOW WE CAN DO IT!!! For more information you can go to http://PhoenixQuilts.blogspot.com Hugs!!! =D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...