Saturday, August 11, 2012

Some Fair Favorites

Our county fair had some real talent this year.

This Beatles Quilt won Judges Choice.  We really liked it.  Look at all of those little pieces!

This one won the Sweepstakes for Machine Quilted quilts.

I liked the quilting on it.

I really like the effect here with the wedges.  I wondered at first if this used the EZ Dresden ruler, but there are too many wedges for that.  There are 9 wedges in each quarter turn, so they must be 10 degree wedges.

The border on this one looks very much like the EZ Dresden Ruler....

I liked the quilting on this one.  Cute little stars.  This one also had a blue ribbon.

This one was just cute, and was also my husband's favorite.  It was also quilted with large monsters, which were just adorable.  The picture doesn't really do it justice.

There were a lot of other quilts on display, but these were my favorites this year.  It was fun to see some of the talent in our county!

The Sweepstakes winner in the Fabric Arts category was this beautiful smocked blessing/christening gown set.  It certainly deserved to win, hands down.

Look at that detail!

I offer my congratulations to everyone on a job well done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...