Typing the title for today's post I'm thinking of Dr. Seuss' The Foot Book. We love Dr. Seuss here.
Anyway, I got a new foot for my quilting machine! I use a Brother PQ1500S, and the free-motion foot that came with it was weird. It was a metal oval with plastic in the middle that obstructed visibility. It also was connected to the machine in a way that sticks out to the side/back, making it difficult to use rulers at certain angles. These feet aren't designed for using longarm rulers--they aren't thick enough, but it can be done if you're really careful!
Something that I've been wanting to share for a while is this picture from a quick-reference guide that came with Darryl (my Brother). Yeah, most of us know that you push down the foot pedal to control the speed of the bobbin winder.
I've made a fair amount of progress this week, I just need to have a photo shoot and I'll get some of it posted. It's cloudy outside right now so I should go do that before the sun comes out!