Thursday, April 4, 2013

A Little Semi-Improv

I've had chunks of leftovers from the Notting Hill Subway quilt up on my design wall for months. Tonight, probably because I have other deadlines, I started playing with the layout and rearranging.  This is most of what I came up with.

What do you think?  There are a few connected pieces that I'll be removing, like the bit hanging down on the lower right side.  I'd love to get it done in time for HMQS, either to enter or to display in the SLMQG special Modern Quilts display, but I'm not sure if it's going to happen.  It would be awesome if I could get it done!  The pieces are really large so it would certainly go together quickly.  The problem is that I'm working on something else that must be finished in 8 days and does not have large pieces.  I don't even have any blocks done yet.  Luckily there are only nine blocks.  Pictures of that one coming soon, I think.  Probably once I have a block done.

Another concern with this is that I don't know what white was used for the narrow stripes.  I have half a bolt of Kona White, and it looks really close, but I'm not sure if it will be noticeable.  I'm also not sure if I really care.  None of the narrow stripes will touch the white background so I think it may not matter.

1 comment:

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...