Monday, July 16, 2012

A Completely Hare-brained Idea

Do you ever get the idea that you want to do something completely ridiculous and/or nearly impossible?  I want to make a quilt from a cross stitch pattern.  There is a needlepoint pattern in particular that is just gorgeous that I want to make, but it would be over 38,000 pieces.  Sigh.  I'm pretty sure that even if I started it, that would take such a long time that I would lose interest and never finish something so ridiculously large.  My brother said he can convert a photo to a pattern for me, so I've been looking for photos that I think might work, and I'm not really getting much of anywhere.  I'm thinking I'd like a close-up of a butterfly wing or a flower.  It's tough because most photos online are copyrighted, and I'm just not a great photographer!  Even if it takes a really long time to find the perfect photo or pattern, this is definitely on my "Quilting Bucket List."  I'm planning to use 1" squares that will finish up at 1/2", whenever it happens.

I've only got about 30 minutes of work left on my Superhero Cityscape quilt, so I should be able to get that done at some point today, maybe during nap time.  I also finished my four-patch quilt on Saturday.  I can't wait to share pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...