Thursday, May 31, 2012

Pillow Finish!

I found a few spare minutes to finish my Make it Sew Modern-Inspired pillow!

Funny thing about this.  Several months ago we were at my in-laws' house, and I was looking through a quilting magazine belonging to my mother-in-law.  I saw a picture of a pillow and thought, "That has to be on my couch."  I didn't even notice what the page was advertising.  I took a picture of it with my phone and started planning dimensions. 

Weeks later I was looking at Diary of a Quilter at this post about the new book coming out, and it had the same exact picture of the same pillow!  I hadn't even known it was in a book, but now that I think of it, anything pictured in a magazine is going to have the pattern available somewhere, or else it wouldn't be in the magazine.  If you want to make a pillow like this, you can buy the book here.  I made mine with satin-backed shantung and I LOVE it.  Mine is 16", I don't know how big the one in the book is.  I'm glad I've finally finished it.

I think it does look great on my couch. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...