Friday, May 16, 2014

Blogger's Quilt Festival: Rainbow Dresden Ripples

Welcome to my little corner of the Blogger's Quilt Festival! Thanks so much to Amy for hosting again!

I've been quiet on the blog lately, but I'm so thrilled to share this quilt with you! I've had the design in my head for about two years, and it has been wonderful to see it all come together. This entry is part of the ROYGBIV Quilts Category in the festival.

 To make this quilt I used two identical Kona Jelly Rolls and a dresden ruler. The whole thing is made with straight seams, even though it gives the look of curves. I'm planning to write a pattern for this but it's kind of intimidating! I hope I can get past the intimidation soon and just do it.

 I used a fun black and white print for the binding.

The back is Peppered Cotton by Studio E in charcoal. It's SO SOFT! It's just a little heftier than other shot cottons, which I think is a good thing. I love how all of the quilting shows up so well on the back.


Each of the 40 colors is quilted with a different design.


I matched the thread colors as well as I could--there were a lot of thread changes for this one!


I had SO MUCH FUN quilting this. I didn't have time to get bored with any of the designs. One of my favorites was the geometric Greek key design just below.


The top took 20 hours to piece over a 3-day marathon sewing weekend and it took 10.5 hours to quilt, including stitching in the ditch on the whole quilt. I absolutely love how it turned out! This is one of mr favorite quilts ever.

I'm also linking up to Finish It Up Friday today.

Thanks for stopping by!


18 comments:

  1. wow that is awesome, love the colors, and that quilting is awesome. Can't wait to see the pattern for it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun quilt! I enjoyed seeing it at HMQS, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It took me a while to see how it was pieced. Goodness, that is amazing. And the quilting is spectacular. What a great quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colors and I love love the quilting on it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just amazing Barbie! Definitely worth the effort! Sometimes a assign is worth keeping in your head for a while - just to mull it over!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous! I love the colours and I especially love your quilting -- way to go on doing different motifs for each colour. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is absolutely fab! Love those vibrant colors and your quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous! I think I remember seeing this sitting on the stage at Sew Day (in Payson) a few weeks ago. (I was the one working on the red and black Swoon block). I'm SO glad to see some close-ups of it. It is absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. amazing all your different quilting on each colour! beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fanastic! Love those gentle waves.

    ReplyDelete
  11. gorgeous! What a wonderful collection of quilting designs. Good luck with writing up a pattern, as you know you need to!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a really stunning quilt! I love a quilt that makes me really think to figure out how it's made, and I happily stared to find your seams!

    ReplyDelete
  13. spectacular quilt! I can't imagine how you pieced it! I love the quilting as well, such variety. great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...