Thursday, May 23, 2013

Blogger's Quilt Festival: Dresden Reflections

AmysCreativeSide.com

Since starting my longarm business a year ago I've found much less time to sew things that I want.  Luckily I love the quilt that I was able to make for myself this year, and it hangs on the wall in my studio.  I'm entering it in the Two Color Quilts category. 

This quilt first appeared in Issue 12 of Fat Quarterly.  It's jelly-roll friendly, although I used 8 different Pure Elements by Art Gallery.   
 I used the EZ Dresden Ruler and parallelograms to create the effect of waves--every seam on this quilt is straight!  It was a fun challenge to figure out how to do it.

I enjoyed quilting a different pattern in each color.

The quilt measures abut 39" on each side and is certainly one of my favorites to date. =)  I quilted it using my Brother 1500 on a Grace frame--this was before I got my longarm.  I matched the thread colors as closely as possible and I love the effect.
 
The quilting created some fantastic texture on the back.
 
Thanks for stopping by!  Thanks also to Amy for hosting the Blogger's Quilt Festival.  It is such a treat to see so many wonderful creations!

4 comments:

  1. That's a really cool effect! I haven't tried that pattern yet (I subscribe to FQ) but you've definitely piqued my interest...

    ReplyDelete
  2. un quilting très réussi sur ce turquoise et gris jolie réalisation

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so BEAUTIFUL! I'm gonna have to check it out. Are you bringing it to guild this month?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...