Friday, March 22, 2013

Madrona Road Challenge Finish

I'm not really naming this, but if I would, it might be "Migration Around the World."  Maybe.
 
 I started this during the Scrappy Trip Around the World craze.  It looked like a lot of fun, but I knew I didn't have time to make a whole quilt right now.  Our local Salt Lake MQG guidelines for the challenge added that we needed to incorporate triangles, so I added flying geese around the outside.  They are tiny, finishing at 1"x2".  The whole quilt is about 15.5" on each side.  I've given this to my 4-year-old daughter as a doll quilt (stuffed tiger quilt?) so I let her help me on it.  She operated the foot pedal while I did the straight-line quilting.  It was just a little scary. =)  A few of the lines ended up a little wonky because it is hard to control everything with a kid in between me and the machine!  She loved it and is looking forward to sewing more with me, especially when it's something pink.

I pieced the back and used up many of my scraps, and did a scrappy binding as well.  My munchkin is very  happy with it!  Hannah the tiger seems to like it too.
Linking up to Finish it Up Friday and Link a Finish Friday.

8 comments:

  1. I cannot get over how small those flying geese are! Lucky Hannah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, this is great - look at how tiny everything is :-0....I am not sure I would have the patience

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!!! Very pretty!!!! Lucky little girl!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the placement of the yellow. It adds to the motion of the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your quilt! (I voted for yours)

    ReplyDelete
  6. how fun that you let her help, bet she was thrilled

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an amazing memory she will have! Great job Munchkin! Love that you were able to get mommy to help you make such a great quilt for Hannah!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How awesome that your daughter was able to "help." I was "helping" my grandmother at church quilting bees when I was her age, and those are some of my most precious memories. I bet she'll treasure this little tiger quilt always.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...