Friday, June 15, 2012

Dresden Wave in daylight hours

I'd like to start out today's post with a huge THANK YOU for all of your wonderful comments so far!  I have loved reading each one of them. 
As promised, here are some updated, better photos of my Dresden Wave mini.


 My little guy helping.
 The back, highlighting the allover paisley quilting.  I thought about piecing the back, but this will likely be a wall hanging, so I decided not to.

I've spent the last two days at the Utah FACS Summer Conference for Family and Consumer Science teachers at BYU.  I haven't been teaching for the last year, but plan on keeping my teaching license current, and attending conferences is necessary to do that.  It is also a fun conference.  I went to some great workshops, showed three of my quilts in the annual quilt show, and got to reconnect with a few friends, some of whom I only see at these conferences. 

In one of my workshops I got to meet Amanda Herring of The Quilted Fish, who designs for Riley Blake Fabrics.  I'd heard her present at a conference before, but hadn't really talked to her.  She was SO NICE!  I mentioned something about my blog, and she offered to give me some fabric to give away sometime!  I'm not sure when that will happen, but I'm pretty excited about it.  She's got a new line coming out this fall called Flutter which is really cute!  It has a medallion/doily print that I especially like, and a nice orange colorway, as well as blue and red colorways.  I was really happy to get to talk with her for a few minutes.  She also brought some swag to give away, and I REALLY WANTED to win some.  The last time I heard her speak everyone wrote their names on papers and put them into a bowl, and Amanda chose several that had been intricately folded and commented on how those people must have really wanted to win.  Remembering that, I folded my name this time into a little accordion.  And... she drew my name!  I was the last one to win any fabric, although she had a few other things too.  I got a Fox Trails charm pack.  It will make such a cute baby quilt for a boy some time!  I'm excited to think about how I want to put that one together, but it won't be for a long time, because I have too many other ideas up my sleeve.

There are so many great things about living and quilting in Utah.  Riley Blake and several (maybe most or all) of their designers are here, Joel Dewberry is here, Winline Batting is here, Handiquilter is here, Superior Threads is in southern Utah....   Not to mention all the wonderful quilters themselves that live here. It is just a great place to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...